Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
After a fire breaks out on your property, you might be left with extensive soot, smoke, and water damage. The next steps after a fire can be completely uncharted territory. After the fire has been put out, your first call should be to your local fire cleanup expert in the Las Vegas area! Our SERVPRO of Northwest Las Vegas team are highly trained and experienced in fire damage cleanup and restoration. We service both residential and commercial properties after a fire.
If you have any questions or are in need of fire damage cleanup and restoration, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO team a call today!
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (702) 453-8870
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.